If yes, then to help you out I have few things to share with you that will make you aware about the facts related to naturalization of U.S.
What is the eligibility criterion?
People who are above 18 years and older, they can only apply for naturalization visa. However, persons who are under 18 years but have acquired citizenship from parents, they can use the Application for a Certificate of Citizenship to document their naturalization. While children who are adopted, they can use the Application for a Certificate of Citizenship on the behalf of adopted child naturalization.
Who can help you get naturalization?
An expert naturalization attorney in USA can only help you get away through the process of naturalization and make you the citizen of U.S.
What are the requirements for it?
The general requirements to fulfill the process of naturalization comprise of:
- Age: Applicants must be at least 18 years old. If in case, they are less than 18 the law office should be contacted in that case.
- Residency: Applicant should come lawfully in United States. This means an individual must have his or her residency proof. Immigrant needs to provide an alien registration receipt card for this purpose. Further are few things that comes in residency proof:
- Lawfully admitted as a permanent residence
- Permanent residence in U.S. for at least 5 years
- Out of 5 years, immigrant needs to be physically present in United States for at least 30 months
- Needs to be residing in the state or district for three months
- Should have good moral character. This means, immigrant should not be involved in any crimes, legal turmoil’s, gambling, smuggling, drinking case etc. if in case, immigrant is involved in any of such case, he or she must disclose his facts to visa authorities because if immigrant is later found guilty then he won’t get another chance to reapply for naturalization visa.
- Attachment to the constitution: Principles of the constitution of the United States must be followed by applicant.
- Language: Applicant applying for naturalization visa needs to be good at reading, writing and speaking ordinary English language. However, applicants who are exempted from this requirement are those who fall into the following categories:
- Residing in Unites States for 15 years or more
- Residing in United States for more than 20 years
- Physically or mentally not fit that restricts immigrant from being fluent in English