The O-1 visa is for foreign individuals who possess exceptional ability in the field of fashion, arts, science, sports, education, athletic, or films, and television. Or if they have demonstrated record with extraordinary achievement in their respective fields that has been recognized nationally or internationally whereas, the EB-1A classification is for people who want to get the permanent resident in the United States. The requirements to signify exceptional ability for O-1 visa eligibility are different from the exceptional ability required for EB-1A classification. With immigration lawyer, you will not miss out any important document required for the application process. If you’re planning to hire an immigration lawyer in Los Angeles, make sure you look for the best immigration of Los Angeles.
There are chances that you may become eligible to apply for EB-1A classification after some time. But, it is reserved for a small percentage of people who have reached the top level in their fields. Read below the things you need to know about converting an O-1 visa to a green card.
- Typically, individuals with exceptional ability in the science, business, education need to have a higher standard to get an O-1B than an O-1B visa for people working in the film or television industry. When it comes to proving extraordinary achievements in the arts, it has the least strict requirements for an O-1B visa. Whereas, the EB-1A classification has the same standard for every profession.
- It is mandatory to maintain your O-1 Visa status throughout the judgment of your Form I-140 for an O-1 extension. If in case, you get a denial on your Form I-140 and you didn’t preserve your O-1 visa status, you will be considered as out of status.
- Although, the evidence that supports foreign national’s exceptional ability for EB-1A classification correlates to the evidence provided for an O-1 visa, there are still many differences, and USCIS examines the evidence more strictly.
- Unlike O-1 visa, a person who possesses extraordinary can file a Form I-140 with USCIS on their own.
- An EB-1A petition must demonstrate that the entry of a foreign national to the United States will significantly benefit the U.S. by improving American sciences, culture, economy, or medicine.
- The upgrading of O-1 visa to an EB-1A classification takes 2-steps. The first step involves the filing a Form I-140 with USCIS to demonstrate the exceptional ability.
In the second step, once your Form I-140 is approved, you need to file a Form I-485 with USCIS or process your Green Card application at a U.S. consular office abroad. While many talented foreign nationals may not qualify for EB-1A classification, they may fit for other visa options. Are you looking for the best immigration service provider in Los Angeles for O-1 visa assistance? Contact https://www.wildeslaw.com/. They have the experienced, reliable immigration lawyer in Los Angeles.